Only three months of the year to go and I’m nowhere near finishing my list. I’m not going to stress too much over it as I’m happy with what I have achieved. I’ll still keep trying though.
- Floating in a floatation tank (I’m hoping to do this in London during the February half term)
- Reading at least 10 books from the BBC Big Read list (if I read 10 a year, I’ll have the whole 200 knocked off in the next 12-13 years!) – started reading Swallows and Amazons.
- Taking at least one photo every day of the year (this will improve my photography skills, be a photo-diary of ‘year in my life’, and help me to learn to use my new camera) – Never think about it unless I’m out and about somewhere and have a reason to take photos.
- Coming up with a fitness plan and sticking to it (the start of my training for Kilimanjaro, though I may not actually climb it for several years yet) – One walk and that’s been it.
- Leading at least 4 of my own walks (good practice for my walking group leader’s qualification) – One walk walked, none led.
- Buying another house (need to get my finances in order first) – started planning a business instead.
- Learning to use at least 3 new pieces of technology or computer programmes (not counting my new camera) – I’ve been using my tablet and Kindle a lot and I’m really starting to get the hang of them now and I’m discovering what they can do.
- Doing a writing course (depends on the length of the course whether I’d complete it in the year or not) – No more achieved on this.
- Getting at least one piece of writing published (paid or unpaid, as long as someone else makes the decision to publish it and it’s not self-published)
- Making a start on sorting out my photos (putting the prints that are currently still stuffed in packets into albums and getting all my photos scanned into the computer – no way will this be completed in a year, but I’ll feel good even if I get started on it) – I seem to have replaced this with my book database.
- Buying a car/van that I can sleep in (and doing any necessary conversions/adaptations) – On hold whilst I sort out a woodburner for my living room.
- Getting into cycling (even if it’s just short cycle rides along decent paths) – Nothing done on this one.